Re: Need a mentor, and a project. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashish
Subject Re: Need a mentor, and a project.
Date
Re: Need a mentor, and a project.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am thinking about starting with the following TODO item:

--> Have EXPLAIN ANALYZE issue NOTICE messages when the estimated and actual row counts differ by a specified
percentage.

I picked this because it is somewhat related to query processing which is what I am most interested in. It also <seems>
likea good start up project for a newbie like me. Before I start looking into what this would involve and start a
conversationon designing a solution - I wanted to know what you guys think about this particular TODO, and it
suitabilityto a newbie. Looking forward to your comments...

Thanks
Ashish