Re: hanging for 30sec when checkpointing - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: hanging for 30sec when checkpointing
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 matt@ymogen.net wrote:

> > If you're gonna accuse me of lying, you damned well better have the balls
> > AND evidence to back it up.
> >

> Wow.  Scott, all traffic to the admin list has ceased since you posted
> this, we are shocked!
>
> You put a lot of effort into finding the root of the 'mysteriously good
> IDE performance' issue last year, and did so with great professionalism
> and thoroughness, so it's understandable that this chap's comments would
> upset you.
>
> If he doesn't have the wit to respond then he's just a troll anyway.

Well, I still feel I should apologize for my harshness on a public list.
I could have at least taken that one private.  But you are right, I did
spend a lot of my time chasing down the IDE issues, so to be so flippantly
accused of spreading misinformation rankled me abit.

So, to anyone on the admin list that was offended, I apologize...