Re: Publishing the Community Manuals - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Publishing the Community Manuals
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >DOSSIER already does this, though they don't donate to our advocacy (the Linux
> >Fund, I think).   http://www.ptf.com/dossier/
> >
> >I doubt the market is large enough to support competition.
> >

> Well there are a couple of things that we can do differently that may
> change that:
>
> 1. We would assign ISBN's allowing any and all bookstores to order them.
> 2. We can put them in distribution through Baker and Taylor
> 3. We can print on demand... in as little as 25 copies which makes it
> very easy
> to handle updates to the docs.

Any chance of a subscription service?  It would be quite nice to be able
to have a standing order of the latest release docs (major points, 7.2,
7.3, 7.4 etc...) and a variable order of the latest development docs
(every 3 months or something).