Re: PostgreSQL on Windows Server 2003 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on Windows Server 2003
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:

> Howdy:
> Silly questions -
>
> Is it possible (or, has anyone got brave enough) to run
> PostgreSQL on Windows Server 2003?
>
> If so, what does it entail and how do I start?

The best and easiest way for normal folks is likely gonna be to use
cygwin, which has postgresql as one of its many packages.  Make sure and
install cygipc and you should be set.  Don't expect stellar performance.

Bruce and company are working on the native port, due out "real soon now".