Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Jason Tesser wrote:
>
> > Quoted as gospel by various people:
> >
> >> BTW, is that really still true?  I thought they had at least some
> >> support for subqueries by now.
> >
> > yes sub queries in 4.1 which is still alpha
>
> "yes sub queries" is IMHO as precise as "yes foreign keys" ... look,
> they have foreign key support, but do they have DEFERRED, ON DELETE SET
> NULL, ON UPDATE CASCADE, all the stuff that makes it complete?

They're working on those things, but as usual, MySQL got the big things
mostly right, and the little things horribly wrong.  If you create a
table with type=innodb on a database server that isn't compiled to support
innodb tables, it will silently fail, and silenly allow you to build
non-existent foreign keys.

sorry, but until MySQL treats errors and their reporting with such a la de
da attitude, I won't trust it.