Re: Pg+Linux swap use - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Pg+Linux swap use
Date
List pgsql-performance
We had a problem at work that when a windows box would connect to a samba
share with a lot of files in it, the kswapd was going nuts, even though we
weren't low on memory at all.  Updating to the 2.4.18 or so of the later
redhats fixed that issue.  It might be related.  I think the kflush daemon
can get fooled into thinking it needs to get hoppin right now in older
2.4.x kernels.