Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jeff wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, David Griffiths wrote:
>
> > 1) the MySQL docs are better (sorry - I found them easier to read, and
> > more comprehensive; I had an easier time finding the answers I needed)
>
> Huh. I had the opposite experience. Each to his own.
> I think everybody agrees PG needs a better tuning doc (or pointers to it,
> or something).

I think the issue is that Postgresql documentation is oriented towards DBA
types, who already understand databases in general, so they can find what
they want, while MySQL docs are oriented towards dbms newbies, who don't
know much, if anything, about databases.