Re: move to usenet? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: move to usenet?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jules Alberts wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This is not a troll and I certainly don't want to start a holy war but
> wouldn't it be a good idea to move the postgresql lists from the
> mailing list approach to usenet? IMHO it's more open and easier to work
> with. As it is now, there are some postgreql usenet groups but hardly
> anything happens there.

Actually, the news feeds are supposed to be mirrored out to the individual
news groups, i.e. we gateway the mailing lists to usenet.

I think Spam is probably the main reason we stick with mailing lists.  As
bad as email spam is, usenet spam is far worse, and harder to filter.