Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > DENIED!  I didn't think a national quasi-gov't organization would
> > approve being quoted, and they didn't ....
>
> Alright, then off the record, what'd they say?  -sc

I wonder if we could the Freedom of Information Act to find out.  :-)

It would probably be redacted to say something like:

"[DATABASE1] was the best choice of the bunch, for the following reasons:

It's much faster at [DELETED],
handles sub-[DELETED] much better than [DATABASE2], and provided better
data [DELETED].

The fact that all the [DELETE] is transactionable was one of the major
reasons for choosing [DATABASE1]."