Re: Pg and Stunnel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Pg and Stunnel
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Dennis Gearon wrote:

> ones to avoid
> ---------------
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

I keep forgetting about this.

> You  might try 5433/4

Yeah this makes sense but I wanted to see what others might be using.  The
tutorial from the Pg (or friend) site uses 5430 which is already assigned.

I've also considered the high numbers; to quote from the link above:

    The Dynamic and/or Private Ports are those from 49152 through 65535

I'll kludge for awhile and gather more evidence of others doin's.

Thanks for the pointer.

Rod