Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Shankar K wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Could you please share with us the problems you had
> with linux 7.3
>
> would be really interested to know the kernel configs
> and ext3 filesystem modes

Actually, I had a couple of problems with it, one of which was that I
couldn't get it to book with ext3 file systems properly.  I think it was
something to do with ext3 on linux kernel RAID sets that wouldn't work
right.  There's probably a fix for it, but 7.2 is pretty stable, and we
can wait for 8.0 or maybe look at another distro.

I remember there being some other issues I had with configuration stuff
like this, but now that it's been many months since I played with it I
can't remember them all.

My personal problem was that redhat stopped including linuxconf as an rpm
package, and the only configuration programs they include don't seem to
work well from a command line, but seemed to prefer to be used in X11.