Re: Different Port for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: Different Port for PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Dan Ostrowski wrote:

> Yes, and I replied to him. I will try to pump them to get the extra firewall
> machine, but I am not sure if they will go for it.  running PostgreSQL on
> the firewall machine is NOT my preferred measure for sure.
>
> But yes, that was a silly question to ask in retrospect. I will just pipe
> ONLY source IPs from the webhost to the DB. Easily done. Sorry. Sometimes
> you get a brain lock and you have to ask a dumb question to realize what you
> are thinking of wrong.

BTW, there's a cool trick: make use UNIX socket, turn off TCP port at all.
This solution is quite good for those popular solution "all-in-one" where
httpd and DBMS will reside on the same computer and has faster
performance (proven). Drawback: you cannot do pg_dump.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.