Re: Implementation of LIMIT on DELETE and UPDATE statements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: Implementation of LIMIT on DELETE and UPDATE statements
Date
Re: Implementation of LIMIT on DELETE and UPDATE statements  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Hello!

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I see no reason to add stuff to UPDATE/DELETE when a subquery does the
> job just as well.  It just seems like bloat.

That's looks funny but can be useful.
Imagine typical usage of LIMIT/OFFSET: pagination of a web-output.
Say, the output is fetched thru "select id,body from articles limit 10
offset 20".
Now, content-admin, surfing the content and looking to the page say 2,
wanna drop all info on THAT page 2.
Guess how it could ease the life for programmer?8)

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.