Re: Open Source Database article - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: Open Source Database article
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Christoph Dalitz wrote:

> I would rather prefer honest comments both on the strengths and flaws
> of PostgreSQL. Eg. PostgreSQl is particularly weak on security aspects
> (every user has CreateTable rights, no schema support, no role privileges),

It's better not have that weird way how role privileges work on Sybase.;-)
Agreed, that it's bad that me as DBA can't restrict userz from CREATE/DROP
tables.:-(

And btw pg_hba.conf can be done in MySQL db/user/host tables way.:)

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.