Re: Replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steven Singer
Subject Re: Replication status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 28 May 2002, Michael Meskes wrote:

> This is about pgreplication I think. Is the the replication project of
> choice for pgsql? IIRC there quite some projects for this topic:
>
> PostgreSQL replicator
> Rserver
> Usogres
> dbbalancer

There's also DBMirror which I submitted to the contrib directory just
after the 7.2 release. I got an email last month saying that it had been
applied against the 7.3 tree but I don't see it there.

Its a trigger based lazy replication system and has all the associated
drawbacks but works for master-slave.  I've been working on adding
selective replication to it and hope to be able to release another version
of that in June.

--
Steven Singer                                       ssinger@navtechinc.com
Aircraft Performance Systems                Phone:  519-747-1170 ext 282