Re: PostgreSQL mission statement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: PostgreSQL mission statement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2 May 2002, Jason Earl wrote:

> Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:

> > > "Provide a really good database and have fun doing it"
> >
> > Motto: "The best damned database money can't buy"
>
> I don't think that any of the PostgreSQL developers would want, in any
> way shape or form, to suggest that you can't pay money for PostgreSQL.
> Nor are they likely to limit themselves to competing with free
> (libre/gratis) databases.

True, but my point wasn't that you could pay for it, but that it couldn't
be "bought" like so many other things (think politicians, OEMs, judges,
etc...)  But I was pretty much just foolin' around. :-)

So how about:

"Postgresql:  Open Source, Open Standards, Open Development, Open Minds"