Data Loss After Restore? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Trevor Astrope
Subject Data Loss After Restore?
Date
Re: Data Loss After Restore?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
I restored a 7.1.3 database to another machine which seems to have went
fine. However, the data on the disk is less than the original machine...
There is only 6.5GB in pgsql/dta/base on my test machine and the same
directory on the production machine was at 8.4GB at the time of the dump.
This was after a vacuum.

I didn't see any errors when restoring the database, so I'm confused why
the restored database takes up so much less space... Is there any reason
why this would happen? Is there any easy way to see where I may have lost
data?

Let me know if I can supply any additional info that may help.

Any help is appreciated.