Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hello!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

[skip]
> operations to take vastly longer than they're expected to.  So giving
> away the right to manipulate indexes is at the very least an opening
> to denial-of-service problems.

Yes, but this is what sysadmin is for, isn'it?

> In any case, what you are really suggesting here is that we offer a
> grantable "right to create/drop indexes" on a *table*.  Dangerous or
> not, it could be useful.  But it has nothing that I can see to do with
> a notion of ownership of the indexes themselves; there's still no visible
> reason to consider the indexes to have ownership independent of the
> table they're on.

Partially agreed. It seems to be that such behaviour resembles MySQL one.
How about index on a view?
Thanks for a clue anyway.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.