Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sascha Schumann
Subject Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Just shoot it over to the PHP folks.  Seems they are already on top if
> it.  I don't want to work around their normal system unless necessary.
   I've committed an autoconf check, so PHP 4.0.5 and upwards   will be compatible with existing and future PostgreSQL
versions.  Additionally, discussions about starting the   release process for 4.0.5 have commenced.

   It'd be cool, if PostgreSQL and/or the C front-end would have   a numeric version indicator which we could use to
checkfor   features, etc.

   #include <libpq-fe.h>   #if defined(PGSQL_FE_VERSION) && PGSQL_FE_VERSION < 20010210   # include <postgres.h>
#endif
   - Sascha