Re:Sync Data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paulo Angelo
Subject Re:Sync Data
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Helo,

On Thu, 31 May 2001 djohnson@sourcesoft.org wrote:

Questions:

>     1) What is the connection between small and big Dbs? (LAN/WAN)

>    2) Is there a consistent connection between systems?

>    3) Are you looking for synchronous (before the insert commits)
>       or asynchronous (after the insert commits)?

>    4) Is there any chance for insert/update conflicts
>       (insert/update same record in same table)
>        on the "big" DB?

-> problem :  I have four "small" DBs that would sync data thru      Internet during the night (128 kbs/s), there is no
    conflicts and there is nobody inserting data in      "small" DBs while its syncing.

I think it answers all the questions.

Thanks.