Re: No documentation in beta tarballs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: No documentation in beta tarballs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> There is more.  As someone pointed out, and I can confirm, the snapshots
> have the beta1 inside the tarball:

The distribution build errored out (because the documentation was missing)
and therefore this directory didn't get cleaned up.  Later, the version
number was changed so that this directory was no longer recognized as
belonging under build process control.

I guess this directory should be removed by make clean, but that doesn't
guard against the second problem, you simply need to watch for that.

Btw., I think each labeled distribution should be build from a clean cvs
checkout or cvs export.  If you keep building releases from the same tree
you're liable to pile up core files and other garbage as hickups happen.
You'd need to start with providing consistent tags, however.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net