Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
Date
Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support, with patch
Re: Patch to add Heimdal kerberos support
List pgsql-patches
Bill Studenmund writes:

> The problem I had with AC_SEARCH_LIBS was that if I don't add all of the
> libraries (-lasn1 -lroken etc.) the test program won't compile, even
> though the .o compiles fine. Can we make the test only depend on
> generating a .o?

That wouldn't tell you a whole lot about the existence of a function.  You
do need to link to be able to verify that.

> I'd like to make it a bug fix for 7.2 if we can, so I'd appreciate the
> help. I can test any new versions of the patch. :-)

The attached patch should handle the different struct members (at least it
doesn't break them for me) and it doesn't gratuitously fail on libraries
that are not really needed.  I haven't done anything about -lasn1 -lroken
-lcrypto because I'd need to know what functions you need from there.  You
should be able to get it to work when you configure thus:

$ LIBS='-lasn1 -lroken -lcrypto' ./configure --with-krb5 ...other options...

If you can confirm that this patch works I can check it in so it appears
in whatever beta3+1 is going to be.  However, be aware that we're
approaching the first release candidate, and since this issue doesn't
represent a regression from 7.1 it's not going to hold up the release.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Attachment