Re: RPM postmaster -i ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: RPM postmaster -i ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Michael Coughlin wrote:

> The docs say to startup, using postmaster -i (Internet?) switch - for TCP/IP
> use.  They don't elaborate on where to properly implement postmaster -i.

Have you read the administrator's manual?  It gives tips on what to put
into start up scripts.

> Some of the places, I've uncovered where one *might* invoke postmaster -i
> are:
>     /etc/tc.d/init.d/postgresql

If this script is there, this is the one to use.  You may even have it
syumlinked in one of the rc#.d directories, and it should be automatically
starting at boot time.  This was probably installed by the RPMs.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
All the troubles you have will pass away very quickly.