Re: Too Many Users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Too Many Users
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Hunter Hillegas wrote:

> I am running pgsql7.1 and I start it with the pg_ctl script...
>
> When trying to connect using psql, I was told there were already too many
> users. I figure that I must have hit a user count...
>
> Where is the best place to increase the max allowed users? I have a few apps
> that use connection pools and so a lot of connections are in use all the
> time...

postgresql.conf allows you to set this. you'll want to increase some of
the related resources as you add connections; see the configuration
information in the docs for this.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant