Re: enable-unicode-conversion option? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: enable-unicode-conversion option?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing writes:

> I'm contemplating porting pg to PocketPC/WinCE platform and there the
> size does matter. And as WinCE is pure unicode platform there should be
> no need for 'conversions'.

The Unicode support is about 1 MB on disk.  If you want to run a server
and you don't have the extra 1 MB then you've got problems.

Plus, you might have clients connecting that are not pure Unicode.

Of course I don't completely understand the setup you have in mind.  Is
WinCE POSIX-compatible?