Re: -ltermcap needed for psql client build on OpenBSD 2.9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: -ltermcap needed for psql client build on OpenBSD 2.9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Stowell writes:

> In the link you gave, it looked like provisions have been made in the
> development version of PostgreSQL 7.2 to work around this.

Not that I know of.

> Kind of a dumb linker bug... but our *BSD friends seem to think it's a
> feature.  :-)

We'll have to beat them into submission then.  I mean, the simplest thing
in the world would be to link libreadline against -lcurses, so the
dependency is recorded and the users of libreadline won't have to remember
it.