Re: [current] readline breakage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [current] readline breakage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jason Tishler writes:

> Shouldn't the declaration for filename_completion_function() be picked up
> via readline.h?  IMO, redeclaring functions especially from an external
> library (i.e., readline) is generally not considered good programming
> practice.

It should, but on some systems it evidently isn't.  But since on Cygwin a
correct import/export decorated declaration should be in the header files,
would a second declaration without those attributes override or otherwise
interfere with that?  Otherwise I might have to stick it back covered by
some #ifdef's.