Re: Proceeding with gettext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Proceeding with gettext
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Are you planning to tackle any of the other elog-related stuff that's
> been discussed in the past?  (Automatic file/linenumber information,
> relabeling the set of severity codes, that sort of thing?)

Planning...  I don't think I'm interested in the file/line information,
given the cruftyness it would require.  I can find that information with
find | xargs grep just fine.  Error codes are high on my agenda, but the
specification still needs to be finalized.

> Sooner or later we're going to have to bite the bullet and edit every
> elog instance in the system.

I don't think I want to do that.