[SOLVED] Re: can't re-start postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mjbjr@beaudesign.com
Subject [SOLVED] Re: can't re-start postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Waugh, <jaw@ic.net>, clued me in...

I was mis-reading this:

> If you're sure there are no old backends still running,
> remove the shared memory block with ipcrm(1), or just
> delete "/var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid".

I was trying to delete the pid in the above file, it no longer existed,
instead of deleting the file itself.  Deleting the file
"/var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid" itself did the trick.

Thank you to Jeff.

--
                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -
                            - mjbjr@beaudesign.com -