Maintaining HISTORY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Maintaining HISTORY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've been noticing that the information in the HISTORY file is regularly
incomplete, not understandable, and mostly useless except for "wow, look
what we've done" purposes.  When we get to a release a year from now
(*grin*) I'm sure the dynamic_library_path thing is going to end up under
"shared library fixes".

Wouldn't it be better if the author (or committer) of a user visible
change would himself add a snippet to the release notes?

The additional benefit would be that users that get intermediate
development sources would have an idea what's been going on in between.