Re: timestamp in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: timestamp in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> I'd like to have pg_dump for 7.1 produce "timestamp with time zone" when
> dealing with timestamp type(s). That will prepare us for introducing a
> timestamp type without time zones, while allowing reasonable upgrades to
> 7.2.
>
> Comments? Would a pg_dump guru be willing to take this on? Should be
> "easy", since afaik we already map some internal types to external
> SQL-standard names...

Did that.

But given that 'timestamp' is really 'timestamp with time zone' and there
is no 'timestamp without time zone', isn't there something wrong with the
documentation?  See User's Guide, table 3-6:

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/datatype-datetime.htm