Re: [BUGS] syslog logging setup broken? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] syslog logging setup broken?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> > The example startup file is outdated and broken.  Don't use it.
>
> Er ... shouldn't we fix it?  Or remove it?

See my message on -hackers, "Sparc/Linux patch" thing follow-up.

The bottom line is that, IMHO, writing a portable init.d style (or any
other such concept) startup file that is ready for blind use is beyond
practicality.  It might be better to collect a few of the ones that are
being used now (Red Hat-style, SuSE-style, Debian, *BSD-style) and ship
them.  This should be coordinated with the packagers, though.

I'll try to look into it.