Re: sql.sgml take 3 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: sql.sgml take 3
Date
List pgsql-patches
Robert B. Easter writes:

> If anyone is paying attention to my patches in here, I have yet a third
> version of this sql.sgml docs patch... another little fix and this one takes
> the place of the previous two I sent.

I was paying attention, but your patches are formatted so oddly that I
didn't have time to reformat them yet.  Indentation in SGML files is one
space, character data is indented as well, and there should not be tabs
anywhere.  The existing body of documentation is a pretty good example
there. ;-)

We could really use some of this stuff in the User's Guide, probably in
syntax.sgml, or in the Reference Manual (ref/select.sgml).  The Tutorial
is sort of a fifth order priority -- things don't really count as
documented if they are only shown there.  That is my fealing at least.