Re: 7.0.3 rpm testing & other problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: 7.0.3 rpm testing & other problems
Date
List pgsql-general
mjbjr@beaudesign.com writes:

> I have noticed many discrepancies between the 7.0.3-2 doc's and my
> installation, most having to do with the directory structure.
> My *rpm installation seems to have a different dir structure
> >from the *tar.gz installation the docs are talking about.

The RPMs install into a different directory hierarchy than the default
configuration from source.  You ought to read all file name references in
the documentation as effectively being followed by "or the equivalent
location in your installation".

There's a file README.rpm in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-* (or equivalent
path in your installation :-) ) that describes the directory layout and
other things.

> I decided to run the regression tests.  Only, I'm running into problems.

Look into README.rpm for how to run the tests.  The tests are not really
designed to be run from a binary package, therefore the procedure is
somewhat different.