Re: F_SETLK is looking worse and worse... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: F_SETLK is looking worse and worse...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Removing 10-day-old files from /tmp seems pretty broken to me, and I
> hate to code around broken stuff.

(It's not 10-day-old files, it's files that have not been used for 10
days.)

But both the Linux file system standard and POSIX 2 have requirements
and/or recommendations that call for /tmp to be cleaned out once in a
while.  If you don't like that, put your files elsewhere.  We're not in a
position to dictate system administration procedures.