Re: Cannot create users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Cannot create users
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Richard Huxton wrote:

> pg_hba.conf is postgres' host access file (bit like /etc/hosts.allow).

Richard,

  Understood. Problem solved by using the Microsoft solution: rebooting the
server. This morning, WordPerfect decided to not recognize the laser
printer; worked perfectly last night. I couldn't find anything wrong, except
with WP. So, I finally decided to do a 'shutdown -r' (after an uptime of 50
days). Well, ...! That cleared up the WP printing problem and the postgres
createuser problem. After the reboot (and manually starting postgresql),
pg_hba.conf appeared in /var/lib/pgsql/data! Wasn't there before.

  Sigh. It's definitely been one of _those_ Mondays!

  Still can't find the log file, however. Where is it supposed to live?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)