Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
> > 1. Should we drop the "A timely release" paragraph?
>
> I'd kill it.

You've got to look at what press releases are used for. I added that
paragraph for this reason: Journos use press releaes in three
ways. i) Delete ii) Rewrite facts as a product announcement iii) Try to
make a story out of it.

Ultimately, we will get the most press out of a story about Postgres. If
we do not have a paragraph or two in the press release to give journos a
story, we wont get one. The "A Timely Release" thing was nothing and can
be replaced. But what with?

Thanks,

Gavin