Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling
Date
List pgsql-patches
Thanks Bruce,

I've been in France/Germany and haven't had internet access :-(. Hence
slow response, below.

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> o  The code has drifted since last August, so I had to apply
> some of it by hand.

Thanks.

> o  Your code in cluster.c called heap_create_with_catalog() using:
>
>     isTempNamespace(RelationGetNamespace(OldHeap)),
>
> which returns a boolean, and passes it as the value for 'ateoxact',
> which is not a boolean.  This call is used to create the new heap file
> for the cluster operation.  I changed it to ATEOXACTNOOP.

I haven't looked at the patch because its a bit chaotic here after getting
back, but it occurs to me that if the cluster is on a temp table we want
to tell heap_create_with_catalog().

> o  Your handling of the temprels List was incorrect.  You can't use
> foreach() to traverse a List when you are removing entries from the
> list.  (The loop variable pointer is removed and causes havoc.) I
> changed the loop to while() and added the necessary loop control
> statements.  I thought you used my temprel.c code for this.  It had the
> proper control statements.  Did you remove them by mistake:
>
>   http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/utils/cache/Attic/temprel.c

I must have. Oops.

Gavin