Re: pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, James Thornton wrote:

> I upgrade from PG 7.1.3 to 7.2, and I am trying to restore my dbs but I
> keep getting:
>
> [nsadmin@roam backup-20020622]$ pg_restore <all-good.dmp
> pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

Well we could try and work out the problem and a solution on the assumption
that the dump is a valid archive or you could confirm that it is first.

Just look at the file. I believe I'm right, but accept I may be wrong, in
saying that the 7.1.3 pg_dump can only generate a script file. So if it's valid
it should look like a script to recreate and load your database. You could
try running it straight into psql as well.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---