Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > For this if we look once again at RelnameGetRelid(relname) in
> > backend/catalog/namespace.c wouldn't this is_visible() function simply be a
> > wrapper around it?
>
> Sort of.  It's there already, see RelationIsVisible.

Doh. Next function down.

I see there are routines doing similar things but for functions and others. I'm
right in saying that OID isn't unique in a database (necessarily) and so we
couldn't have a general object_is_visible(oid) function that did the appropiate
from the type of object refered to?

It just seems that if we're interested in showing tables according to
visibility then shouldn't we be doing the same for these other things?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---