large object thx & vacuuming question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Risko Peter
Subject large object thx & vacuuming question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

  Thank you Tom for the fast answer about lo ids!

  *  *  *

  On an other server we use Postgres7.1. Everything is fine (:-), but I
have a question:
  We have a dozen tables, and ~40000 los (300MegBytes) in a db. When I
run vacuum verbose in this db, I experience that when vacuum reaches the
pg_largeobjects table, it starts eating up disk space, and never
(can't wait?) finishes. Is it sensible vacuuming pg_largeobjects? All
our other tables can be vacuumed in a few seconds time.
  Sorry for my terrible english, I hope you can understand it...

  thanks: Peter RISKO