Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jessica Perry Hekman
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> There is clearly interest from all interfaces.  This item has been
> requested quite often, usually related to client apps or web apps.

I definitely agree that implementing it in the backend would be the best
plan, if it's feasible. I just can't figure out how to pass information
back to the driver that the request has been cancelled (and that, in
JDBC's case, a SQLException should be thrown). Any thoughts about that?