Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

[snip]

> I assume it preserves the function's OID?  That is something we have
> needed for a while because it would keep oid references to the function
> the same, or at least we should give people the option of keeping the
> oid.

Yes. The idea is that the oid is preserved. I have assumed that people
would always want it to be if they were replacing the function. Would
there be a time when someone wouldn't want to do this? It would be pretty
simple to update the patch to handle a syntax which specified that a new
oid should be generated.

Gavin