Re: Long Query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wheeler
Subject Re: Long Query
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7 Aug 2001, Doug McNaught wrote:

> Make sure PG is logging to a file (rather than /dev/null), crank up
> the log level, and make sure the queries that PG gets are what the app
> is supposed to send.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll do that.

As it turns out, though, our application is doing 100s of unnecessary
queries for virtually every request, and this is the root of the problem
-- not a bad PostgreSQL query. Sorry to have bothered everyone with this!

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394