Re: user guide - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wheeler
Subject Re: user guide
Date
Re: user guide  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 6 Aug 2001, Tony Grant wrote:

> hello,
>
> This weekend I read the User guide front to back. I hadn't done that
> since 6.2 or thereabouts...
>
> I have one request for improvement:

<snip>

I have a suggestion, as well: I think the PostgreSQL documentatio could
use a section that discusses all the maintenance issues in one place.
Documentation for VACUUM is stuck in the Reference section, when I think
it makes sense to also cover it in the Admin Section. Here's waht I'd like
to see in Adin:

  Backup and Restor (already there)
  Database Mainentence
      VACUUM
      VACUUM ANALYZE
      Rebuilding Indexes (Does this even apply to PG?)

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394