Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Tim Barnard wrote:

> <snip>
> ...This is not the same in my book, since I don't care
> to run RHL in any kind of production environment...
> <snip>
>
> What is it about RHL that various people wouldn't
> recommend running it in a production envornment?
> I don't have a contrary view, so much as I'd like to
> know what's specifically wrong with the RH distribution.
> We're trying to decide on a distribution on which to
> develop telecom software, utilizing PostgreSQL of
> course :-) What other distributions would you
> recommend and why?
>
> Tim

Now that they will unite the OS with the DB, I can't think of more suitable environment for the Sys/DB admin's
paradise.That is, if they do indeed make significant changes to the operating system they are shipping in the RHDB.

cheers,
thalis

ps. no, i don't personally use Rh.