Re: Encrypting pg_shadow passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dominic J. Eidson
Subject Re: Encrypting pg_shadow passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > People have complained that we store passwords unencrypted in pg_shadow.
> > Long ago we agreed to a solution and I am going to try to implement that
> > next.
>
> Whatever you do, please wait till I've finished the "authenticate after
> fork" change.  (this weekend?)

If you are going to do this this weekend, should I just wait with the PAM
patch until then? (Patch against the new code)

--
Dominic J. Eidson                                       "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/