Re: How do I start postmaster with -i for tcp-ip - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From harrold@sage.che.pitt.edu
Subject Re: How do I start postmaster with -i for tcp-ip
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Joe Moraca wrote:

> I am using Mandrake 8.0 and have upgraded to postrgess 7.1 and need to have
> the script that auto starts postgress use the -i so I can connect with jdbc
> but it seems I am not able to find the correct spot to put the -i as I never
> seem to get it to work....
>
> Thanks for some help

i had a similar problem with php and pg7.1. i thought it was the -i
command but it was actually permissions. it was on the box at home and i
dont have access to it right now but it had something to do with the hba
files in postgres's home directory.

--
john