Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: RC3 ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > Even better ...
> > > Okay, let's let this sit as RC3 for the next week...
> >
> > I'll go ahead and start generating hardcopy, though I understand that it
> > is no longer allowed into the shipping tarball :(
>
> I'm not speaking about "allowed", I'm merely talking about the state of
> affairs since 7.0.  If people think that the postscript format should be
> in the main tarball, then why not, but IIRC this question was raised last
> time around and the decision went the other way.

Having had to d/l PG many times on many different machines, I'd be
delighted if it came w/o .ps docs, and w/o the doc sources (the number of
people who seem to be able to turn docbook into useful stuff seems to be
<< than people who can successful compile PG!).

It sounds like the separate-tgz for docs and for Postscript makes perfect
sense. Just make sure that it's *very* obvious where/how to get these, so
that the mailing lists are deluged w/ 'where are the docs'?

Just my .02,
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>