Re: PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Cedar Cox
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news
Date
List pgsql-php
> We're also very interested in hacker feedback as to what you'd like to
> see in a software and service package that revolves around the Web
> development "stack."  What kind of tools, building blocks, and
> applications would you like to see commercially supported?  Don't be shy
> - please email me at ned@greatbridge.com with any suggestions.  I'll
> also be at ApacheCon in a few weeks if you'd like to get together in person.

Well, I don't know if I'd really call myself a hacker, but I have done a
bit of work with PG+PHP.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm suggesting and how
much it involves but here goes:  It would be nice to have some sort of
"toolkit" to create something similar to bound forms in MS Access (if
you're familiar with it).  I am currently working on a project in Access
which at some point I think it would be nice to have a web interface too.
I did a short example web "form" just for fun, but it was a lot of work.
This sort of "toolkit" should make the job a bit easier.
 ... just thoughts ;)

-Cedar